Benzema: “Mbappe? One day he will play for Real Madrid”

Photo: Guliver Image

Benzema talks about everything and everyone in an interview with L’Equipe. The Real Madrid forward analyzes the present, but also the future.

Will Mbappe ever play for the Whites? Karim responds: “He said it himself. He wants to see something else. Someday he will play for Real Madrid. I don’t know when. But he will come. It’s just a matter of time.”

About Camavinga, who has joined the white team this summer, he said: “I did not know him particularly. He is only eighteen years old. And he can only progress in his position in contact with Casemiro, Kroos or Modric. If I have a 40% chance of scoring and the other has 60%, I’ll play for him.”

Although no stars have arrived, Benzema has no doubt of Real Madrid’s potential. “It’s still the best club in the world. Reconstruction or not, it’s a new football, a new generation, new players … We have to invest in young people so that one day they become great footballers. I’m here to help them. I talk a lot with them. I want to improve them. When you improve others, you improve the team and you get a lot of satisfaction”, he says for L’Equipe.

The Frenchman has been at Real Madrid for twelve seasons, has won four Champions League … does he feel at the height of a club legend like Zidane? “I will never be able to compare myself and talk about level with him. I have too much respect for him and Ronaldo. I can only learn from what they did. With Zizou I understand myself very well. We keep talking a lot. He can only help me. But I will never say that I am the one. equivalent of Zizou in the Real. It is unthinkable!”, he indicates.

The years weigh on and Benzema now has to take care of himself much more: “As soon as I finish a match, for example, I go into cold water for five minutes. The next day, I rest a little and then do jogging, weight training and exercises.”

Karim is one of the candidates to win the Ballon d’Or. “We have to think about it when we are ambitious. But it doesn’t have to be an obsession that forces you to say that you just have to shine individually and score goals for yourself. Yes You have to win it, it’s because of who you are, because of what you show on the field, because of what you do.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *